Plastic Surgery Affiliates offers chemical peels for men and women to correct common skin concerns. For more than 20 years, board-certified plastic surgeon, Michael Hueneke, MD, has provided these services to patients in Nashville, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Franklin, Smyrna, and the surrounding areas of Tennessee.
What Are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are medical spa treatments that improve the way that your skin looks and feels. At Plastic Surgery Affiliates, we offer three types of chemical peels:
- ZO® Medical Peels: The ZO® 3-Step Peel was developed by Dr. Zein Obagi, one of the world’s leading skin health specialists. He also developed our ZO® Ossentail Stimulator Peel. These peels help with melasma, acne, sun damage, fine lines, enlarged pores, dull complexion and dry, rough skin.
- TCA Peel: The TCA peel contains trichloroacetic acid and is recommended for more advanced types of skin damage, such as dark spots, uneven pigment, fine lines, severe sun damage, and rough texture. We offer three levels of this chemical peel.
- Jessner Peel: The Jessner Peel is a relatively mild treatment that helps with acne, wrinkles, and sun damage.
Chemical peels all work in the same manner. An acid solution is applied to clean skin and allowed to set for a specific amount of time. A neutralizing solution is applied to the skin to stop the peeling process. Chemical peels range from light peels that remove only the outermost layers of skin to deep peels, such as the TCA peel that goes deep into the skin, produces the most peeling, and requires downtime.
What is the Cost of Chemical Peels?
The average cost of chemical peels is $85 to $300, although this does vary by patient and the type of peel. We can discuss the details of your cost for chemical peels at the time of your consultation. For your convenience, Plastic Surgery Affiliates offers financing options for qualified patients.
What Are the Benefits of Chemical Peels?
- Removes damaged layers of skin
- Light peels can be repeated every four to six weeks
- Medium peels can be repeated every six months to one year
- Corrects common skin flaws
- Improves complexion
What is the Recovery Time for Chemical Peels?
Light and medium chemical peels do not require downtime. A medium chemical peel will produce flaking skin in the days after the treatment. Deeper chemical peels require one week of downtime and the skin may scab and peel in large areas. Deep chemical peels cannot be repeated.
If you are looking for a plastic surgeon for your chemical peels treatment in Nashville, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Franklin, Smyrna and the nearby areas of Tennessee, entrust your care to Dr. Hueneke, a board-certified plastic surgeon who has worked with men and women for over 20 years. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.